Wednesday 18 January 2012

What Grinds My Gears... The TTC

I'm going to kick off my blog with a grinds my gears post about the TTC. I choose to start this way because it will be a recurring theme. The TTC is actually what inspired me to start this blog. I'll begin by stating the number 1 thing that grinds my gears about the TTC: Bus Riding Etiquette. It's shocking that even though we commuters ride the TTC everyday, we still haven't figured out the proper bus riding etiquette. MOVE TO THE BACK OF THE BUS. I know it's scary back there, all the way in the back. The horror of missing your stop because you can't push through the hoards of people to get from the back up to the rear doors must terrorize people's dreams. But I can promise you now, the bus driver will wait for you to get off. It's actually the same thing as moving to the rear door from the front/middle of the bus. You're still pushing back sweaty, rude, angry people carrying backpacks, children, pushing strollers and generally taking up as much space as possible trying to claim it as their own. The only thing you accomplish by hovering around the rear doors and refusing to move back, is an extremely comfortable ride for the extraordinary people who did move back. Kudos to them for doing so. You deserve your double seat. However, the asshole bus drivers who refuse to stop even though they can see an empty back, are what make me even angrier than the stupid people that refuse to move back.

Dear Bus Driver,

This is your moment of power. Exert your authority and refuse to move the bus until people get their shit to the back. We don't need all these Rosa Parks assholes making us late for work every day because of their stubborness and your inactivity.

Thanks,
All the riders who WANT to be on your bus.

I truly don't understand these bus drivers. They power trip if  you're even a nickle short on fare, but actually using their authority to make the TTC more effficient? Never.

So, as you can see I blame the drivers equally as much as I blame the riders. You're all assholes.

No comments:

Post a Comment